Are you racking your brains for ideas on how to keep your cat hydrated? You are not alone. As we well know, cat lovers will do anything for their furry friends. And I am no different.
A few months ago, I got an absolutely gorgeous Siamese Breed cat. After a week or so, I noticed that my little fluffy kitty was not taking anything more than a few laps of water per day. That got me worried. Given that it is not every day that I feed her “wet food”, I was apprehensive that she was not taking enough fluids. I found a solution that I am hoping will excite you as much as it did me. Cat water fountains.
- 1 10 Best Cat Water Fountain Comparison
- 2 Top 10 Cat Water Fountains (Automatic) Reviews
- 2.1 PetSafeDrinkwell Ceramic Avalon Fountain
- 2.2 PetSafeDrinkwell Seascape Ceramic Cat Water Fountain
- 2.3 PetSafeDrinkwell Pagoda Cat Water Fountain
- 2.4 Drinkwell 360 Cat Waterer
- 2.5 Drinkwell Big Cat Waterer Fountain
- 2.6 Pioneer Pet Big Max Stainless Steel Fountain
- 2.7 LED + UV Sterilization Automatic Pet Water Fountain
- 2.8 Cat Water Fountain YOUTHINK 2.1L Ceramic Pet Water Fountain
- 2.9 Pioneer Pet Raindrop Stainless Steel Pet Drinking Fountain
- 2.10 PetSafeDrinkwell Platinum Cat Fountain
- 3 Conclusion
10 Best Cat Water Fountain Comparison
I know, I know, it sounds like an exotic, insanely expensive thing that probably belongs in a cat castle at the top of a cliff, right? Wrong. Upon further research, I realized that this is an absolute must-have for every kitty owner. It is affordable, easy to clean and maintain, and most importantly, it encourages our feline friends to drink more water.So, from one feline owner to the other, I compiled this list of the top 10 cat water fountains. Browse and select the one that best fits your fluffball and his/her personality.
|Product Image||Name||Water Capacity||Our Rating||Price|
|PetSafeDrinkwell Ceramic||70 oz.||9/10||Check Price Amazon|
|PetSafeDrinkwell Seascape||70 oz.||10/10||Check Price Amazon|
|PetSafeDrinkwell Pagoda||70 oz.||8/10||Check Price Amazon|
|Drinkwell 360||128 oz.||6/10||Check Price Amazon|
|Drinkwell Big Cat Waterer||288 oz.||8/10||Check Price Amazon|
|Pioneer Pet Big Max||128 oz.||8/10||Check Price Amazon|
|LED + UV Sterilization Automatic||60 oz.||7/10||Check Price Amazon|
|Cat Water Fountain YOUTHINK 2.1L||70 oz.||9/10||Check Price Amazon|
|Pioneer Pet Raindrop||60 oz.||6/10||Check Price Amazon|
|PetSafeDrinkwell Platinum||168 oz.||4/10||Check Price Amazon|
Top 10 Cat Water Fountains (Automatic) Reviews
After comparing the top 10 Cat Water fountains, now we will learn and know each Cat waterer fountain individually. You will get to know the key features of all the above-listed Cat Water fountains. Let’s start…
You may also like to check these 10 best automatic cat feeders.
PetSafeDrinkwell Ceramic Avalon Fountain
The PetsafeDrinkwell Ceramic Avalon is a classy automatic cat fountain for medium to large cats. It has dual waterfalls streaming freshly filtered and oxygenated water. Your feline buddy will love choosing between the upper and lower water reservoirs. It has a replaceable activated charcoal filter which is great for removing odors, foam, and gross tastes while sieving fur and other impurities. You will be happy to know that this fountain comes apart for easy cleaning. You can stuff everything but the pump into the dishwasher and call it a day. It is also quiet and uses 12V of power.
- Beautiful design that compliments any home décor.
- Dual waterfalls and circular design make it easy and fun for kitty to drink from any angle.
- Ceramic material is easy to clean and resists slime and algae
- Dishwasher safe
- Holds 0.5 gallons of water
PetSafeDrinkwell Seascape Ceramic Cat Water Fountain
The PetSafeDrinkwell Seascape Ceramic fountain is elegant in design. It holds 70 ounces of water which is constantly filtered and oxygenated. This fountain is dubbed the whisper-quiet because of the low tone water filter that is both comforting and enticing to cats. It has detachable and replaceable foam and charcoal filters. Because the water is ever swirling, there is no chance of bacterial or algae growth. It is top-shelf dishwasher safe.
- Elegant design that goes with any home décor
- Filters and cleans water keeping your fluffball hydrated and healthy
- Ceramic material makes it easy to clean and maintain
- Makes drinking water enjoyable for your kitty.
PetSafeDrinkwell Pagoda Cat Water Fountain
The PetSafeDrinkwell Pagoda kitty fountain could be exactly what your feline friend needs for the following reasons. Water is guaranteed to be fresh due to the activated carbon filter that eliminates odors and bad taste from the water while the foam filter sieves hairs and debris. Your little fluffball will be drawn to the gentle trickle of the dual free-flow water. The fountain design will look sophisticated in any home setting. When you need to clean the fountain, don’t fret, it is dishwasher-friendly except for the pump. Ceramic is durable and non-toxic.
- Holds half a gallon of water.
- Effectively cleans and oxygenates water using two different filters
- Has a sophisticated design that will look great in any part of your house
- It is quiet due to the submersible low voltage pump.
Drinkwell 360 Cat Waterer
The Drinkwell 360 Pet fountain is an impressive stainless steel fountain made for multiple-pet homes. Perhaps the most impressive attribute of this fountain is the multiple waterspouts. You can have anywhere from one to five water streams. This comes in handy if you have more than one cat so each one can drink without feeling like they’re sharing.
Additionally, the Drinkwell 360 has an activated carbon filter as well as a foam filter. These filters rid the water of bad taste, odors, fur, and impurities while the water streams ensure the water is as aerated as can be. Your feline friend will have no problem drinking water all day from this fountain.
- Made of stainless steel material that is durable and easy to clean.
- Holds a gallon of water.
- Multiple water streams keep water fresh, oxygenated and interesting to your furball.
- Can be used in a multiple-pet home for both cat and dogs of any size.
- Has a control cap for adjusting the flow, splash and noise emitted from the water.
- Can be cleaned in the dishwasher excluding the pump.
Drinkwell Big Cat Waterer Fountain
The Drinkwell Big Pet Fountain is essentially for big pets that take lots of water. It was conjured up and patented by a veterinarian who obviously knew his stuff. The fountain contains a 3.78-liter reservoir and a 12.7 cm deep receiving bowl. This means at any given time, there are approximately 2.25 gallons of water available for your beloved cat. The design includes an ingenious receiving ramp that curbs splashing and reduces noise made by the stream.
The Drinkwell Big Dog fountain has a charcoal filter and a foam filter to keep the water as fresh as possible. As the water falls down the stream, it is oxygenated and refreshed ready for drinking. When it is time to clean, dismantle the fountain and stick everything in the dishwater except the pump and reservoir.
- Has a rubber anti-slide bottom to keep it in place on slippery floors.
- Comes with an anti-bite cable
- The charcoal filter and foam filter are replaceable
- Water flow is adjustable
Pioneer Pet Big Max Stainless Steel Fountain
The Pioneer Pet Big Max fountain is a unique-looking stainless steel fountain that does not incorporate the typical flowing stream. It consists of a top and bottom bowl with a pump that pushes water into the top bowl which then overflows into the second bowl. Kitty has the option of drinking from either of the bowls. This fountain was created to accommodate a large cat or multiple feline friends thanks to the large bottom bowl that can accommodate more than one drinking pet.
The pump contains a charcoal and foam filter that keeps the water pure and free of fur and debris.Because the water is constantly swirling with a gentle trickling sound, your fluffball will keep coming back for more water. It is recommended that you clean the fountain weekly and the pump monthly. Replace the charcoal filter at least once every month or more often if possible.
- Holds 3.78 litres of water
- Made of stainless steel material which is sturdy and easy to clean. You can hand wash it or use a dishwasher for everything except the pump.
- It is quiet and economical thanks to the submersible 2-Watt pump
- Keeps water clean and fresh for kitty which protects her from bacterial infections and urinary infections.
You should also check,
LED + UV Sterilization Automatic Pet Water Fountain
This pet fountain is definitely the most attractive of all the fountains. It is more sophisticated too because, in addition to the filters and airing of the water, this fountain uses UV technology to sterilize kitty’s water. With the use of this fountain, you will be assured that every lap of water Mr. Whiskers takes is pure and sterilized. Incorporating UV lighting on the water feature gives it a high-end look which means you can place it anywhere in your home without compromising décor.
Endeavor to clean this fountain at least once a week and to change the filters monthly. You can hand wash or dish-wash everything but the pump.
- Has UV sterilizing system for killing bacteria and all harmful micro-organisms found in the water.
- Contains replaceable charcoal and foam filters
- Adjustable water flow system
- Easy to clean
- Automatic low-water shut down. This means when water gets to the minimum levels, the pump automatically shuts off until you refill the fountain.
Cat Water Fountain YOUTHINK 2.1L Ceramic Pet Water Fountain
This particular fountain was made for smaller dogs or medium cats in single-pet or multiple-pet homes.The design vaguely resembles the fountains found outside ancient Victorian homes.It has replaceable super-fine foam filters and activated charcoal filters to ensure that the water flowing through them is fresh and purified. Your little furball has the option of drinking from the upper-level bowl, lower level bowl or from the softly trickling water.
This fountain has a submergible super-quiet pump that is powerful enough to keep the water constantly swirling.Cats and pets, in general, are drawn to moving water because it gives the impression of being fresh. This is why your feline friend will likely drink more water more often from a fountain like this rather than from a typical bowl.
You are advised to clean the fountain once a week and the filters and pump once or twice a month. The durability of the fountain depends on how well you maintain it.
- Comes with charcoal and super-fine foam filters for optimal purification of the water.
- Holds slightly more than a gallon of water.
- The round shape makes it easy for kitty to drink from any angle
- Easy to clean and can be machine washed.
Pioneer Pet Raindrop Stainless Steel Pet Drinking Fountain
The Pioneer Pet Raindrop fountain combines revolutionary design with elegance to produce the best of both. Although this fountain is relatively smaller than most of its counterparts, it offers the most innovative way to entice your feline friends to hydrate more.
The spout, when centred properly, makes the filtered water cascade quietly down the surface of the upper bowl. Your kitty can drink her water from the faucet or from the lower level bowl but he/she will probably end up licking the surface of the upper bowl where the water is flowing. That is perfect because as the cat licks the surface, the water cleans it which ultimately makes this fountain the easiest to clean.
You are advised to clean the unit every week and dismantle it once a month to clean the pump and replace the filters. You can hand wash it or stick it in the dishwasher minus the pump.
- Has charcoal and foam filters for purifying the water.
- Carries 1.7 litres of water.
- Classy raindrop design makes it fit in any home setting.
- Stainless steel is durable and easy to maintain since it discourages slimy tendencies and growth of algae.
- It is low voltage
CHECK REVIEWS ON AMAZON
PetSafeDrinkwell Platinum Cat Fountain
The PetSafeDrinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain is great for both cats and dogs of all sizes. It is made from BPA free plastic material which is durable and aesthetically pleasing. This fountain carries 1.3 gallons of water including an in-built reservoir that has a 5-litre capacity meaning you refill every couple of days.
This fountain comes with a carbon filter and an additional pre-filter to ensure that the water is free of fur and other impurities. It has a no-splash ramp that aids in the smooth flow of water and keeps the fountain as quiet as possible.
- It has no-slide rubber legs
- Carbon filters and pre-filters purify the water and the tap-like faucet oxygenates it making it fresh and appealing to your beloved furball.
- Comes with an Anti-chew cable.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Cat water fountains are definitely the way to go if you want to ensure your feline friend stays healthy. Dehydration in cats is linked to dire conditions like kidney disease and urinary disorders. My personal favorite is the PetScapeDrinkwell Seascape Ceramic Fountain. Sally, my Siamese cat has totally fallen in love with it. It gives me so much joy to see her hydrating and to know she is healthier and happier because I made the effort.